Thursday, January 8, 2009

Whats Cooking Thursday

The boys were coming over after school today. I was so excited because I haven't had a chance to see them since Christmas.


I decided to make their favorite dish, Poppy Seed Chicken. Its not a very weight watcher friendly dish but if it puts a smile on my grands face, thats what being a grandma is all about.


You'd think I was Racheal Ray the way they ooooh and ahhhh when ever I make this dish.

I start with 3 or 4 cooked chicken breasts and shred the meat and mix it with a can of cream of chicken soup.




Add to it one and a half cups of sour cream


Mix it all together



Spread mixture in a 9x13 pan.



Take one sleeve of Ritz Crakers and crumble it up in a bag.




Add 1 tsp of Poppy Seeds to the crumble crackers




And shake the bag to mix



Sprinkle cracker crumbs on top of chicken mixture and drizzle 1 stick of melted margarine on top of the cracker crumbs




Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.





I set the table with my Christmas table settings that I have not yet put away, and anxiously awaited the arrival of my loving grandsons.



I envisioned them coming thru the front door and the smell of their favorite meal wafting thru the air to greet them. I just knew they would come running to me and throw their arms around me appreciatively and sing my praise.

Yessiree I was excited. And since a picture is worth a thousand words may I just say that their enthusiasm overwhelmed this Grandmother and brought a tear to my eye.



Oh yeah they were excited all right. They could hardly contain their enthusiasm!

Geesh! You'd think I was feeding them liver and onions.



I am complete, I am whole, I am loved.










2 comments:

Debby said...

I'd have thrown my arms around you for that dish! My mouth is watering right now in fact!

Kids...what are ya gonna do with them???

Janine said...

That looks great!

Oh, and I've given you an award but you have to check it out at my place. :)
http://txmomx6.blogspot.com/2009/01/feeling-better.html