Thursday, July 31, 2008

Okay looks like I've been tagged by Dana over at Filled with Laughter. I'm thrilled that she tagged me but dread writing 6 random things about myself.



These are the rules:

1) Link to the person who tagged you

2) Post the rules on your blog (this is what you are now reading)

3) Write 6 random things about yourself (see below)

4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them (This is only a game)

5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog

6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up



Here are the six random things about me:


  1. I adore being a grandmother. It feels like a do over for my lack of parenting skills when I was raising my own kids. I thought they needed to be perfect to reflect how perfect I was. Now I just want to love my grandkids unconditionally and show them how imperfect I am but how special God still thinks I am.

  2. I love walking on the beach. Its where I feel the very closest to God. When I lived in Florida I used to walk beside the gulf pretending it was the Sea of Galilee and Jesus was at my side. He's a pretty playful kind of guy. Every once in a while he'd dip his foot in the ocean and splash water at me. Can't you just picture him doing that to Peter every so often.

  3. I have wanted to be an actress since I was 3 years old. I used to iceskate on a frozen pond (okay it was actually an oversized mud puddle where the flowing well drained out into the farm pasture). There I would make up plays and skits etc. My favorite enactment was pretending that the Blessed Virgin appeared to me like the 3 children in Fatima. I finally got my nerve up my senior year to try out for the high school play. I had to talk my best friend in to trying out with me. She got a part and I didn't. She felt so bad knowing how bad I wanted it, that she gave up her part thinking the director would give it to me. The director gave the part to someone else, and the worst part was that my boyfiend (future husband) didn't even try out for the play but the director gave him a part anyway. Duh....Do you think God was trying to tell me show biz wasn't what he was callin me to do?

  4. I have an active imagination (see # 2 and #3)

  5. I had my first baby induced so I could go to the Orange Bowl game with my husband. My husband was playing in the game, so the doctor agreed to induce labor a week before my due date so I could go. Football is a big deal in Nebraska!

  6. If I could have one super power I would chose to fly. Seriously, I have dreams all the time that I fly. All I do in my dreams is start to lay back and suddenly I'm levitating and floating gently in the breeze of my dreams. See #4 above for further comment.

Thanks Dana. I was actually dreading doing this but I guess I did have lots of radom nothingness to write about.


Now for the people I'm tagging - I'm not sure I can do six people. Most of the blogs I frequent have already been tagged but here goes.


The first three people are widows like me and I consider them soul sisters.

The first is Janine. I happened to be sitting at her table at the She Speaks conference when we found out we had this unfortunate thing in common. In her 7th month of widowhood, I find her blog to be so down to earth and gut wrenching at times and I remember being right where she is. She's been gracious enough to let me follow along as she bears a pain none of us would wish on our worst enemy. You can find her at One Breath at a Time


Next is LeAnn from Proverbs 31 Ministries. She hasn't been blogging long, but she certainly writes like a pro. Read A Widows Might


Linds at Rocking Chair Reflections just found out she's going to be a Grandmother. I just found her blog a few days ago and haven't even left her a comment. Wont she be surprised to hear from me?

I'm tagging another woman I met at She Speaks her name is Dee Dee and we sat together often. You'll find DeeDee at No Greater Joy

I'm tagging Jenny over at Standing at the waters edge but it may take a while for her to post since she's in the middle of a move.

And finally my blog bible study, and fellow Husker wife Lelia at Write From the Heart. I'm usually hanging on every word she writes.

Hope those of you I have tagged won't be upset with me. I'm only following directions.

5 comments:

Dana said...

Oh, My Beloved Friend....(clap, clap, clap - followed by squeels of excitement) How I adored your 6 random things! I learned so much more about you and your relationship with Christ! I will check out the links to the people you tagged...I LOVE learning about people! So glad you decided to write about "nothing!" Much love sister!

Janine said...

Hi Luanne ---
OK, this was my first tag --- I hope I did it right!!!
Janine

Linds said...

Hi Luanne! This was a surprise, but what a pleasant one! I have been reading through your blogs and I think I have walked in and found friends!
I will be back...

LeAnn said...

Hi Luanne!

This was a new experience for me. Thanks for including me in your "game." Now that I've finished my list... I'm going to see who else you tagged. What a great way to make new friends!

Blessings,
LeAnn

Vern ~ Inspired said...

Great job...fun getting to know you!

Be Inspired,
Vern