Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday To My Special Angel

Dear Oldest Grandson,




Twelve years ago a very special boy came into this world. He was born into a broken family still grieving from the loss of someone who was also very special, but his birth helped heal many hearts.





That special boy is you and today I celebrate your birth.




I remember rocking you the night you came home from the hospital, and holding you close I softly sang "You are my special angel" to you for the first time.









It wasn't long before you went from a baby to a big brother and you had to learn to share with your brothers.











Sometimes, you didn't like sharing me with your brothers, and you acted less than angelic.















And as the oldest you've always wanted to be Captain of the Ship.















You're a serious student, with just a minimal amount of clowning around.











You're willing to help me out, and you aren't afraid to be different from the crowd.







So Happy 12th Birthday Oldest Grandson.









You Rock!

4 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

How sweet! Loved all the pictures!! Happy birthday!!!

Laura said...

He is so beautiful! What a blessing is a little boy!

Janine said...

Hi Luanne --
Yes I remember you and thank you for coming to my blog --- it means a lot.
This was a great post! Birthday boy looks like a great young man (and such a cute baby!!!).
Happy birthday!
Janine

Mindy said...

Yay for the birthday boy! Great pics and writing Luanne...hope you had a great weekend!