Monday, July 28, 2008

Crazy Days of Summer

Hi All,

Just checking in. Nothing tooexciting to write about but just trying to keep writing.



Yesterday was a full of unexpected happenings. Oldest grandson was scheduled to have an extended family birthday party. It couldn't be done last weekend because of baseball tournaments so yesterday was the scheduled shindig.



Thursday darling daughter got a call from the twins coach asking if they could play in yet another tournament. She agreed. And wouldn't you know it they ended up playing on Sunday for the championship.



So at the last minute the party got shifted to my house. All the party paraphernalia, food, plates, silverware, lawn chairs etc was delivered in shifts. A party that was supposed to start at 1:00 didn't truly get underway until 2:00. Darling daughter left to take the boys back for the last game, and then hurried back to continue hostessing the party.



I think the party may have gone on longer but I had told dd (darling daughter) to wrap things up because I had plans for the evening and I would be leaving at 6p.m.



You would have thought EF Hutton had just spoken because everyone turned an ear to find out what my plans were. I guess they all assumed that since I was going out at night that I must have a date.



Nope-no date. It was just the Sunday night outdoor concert and I'd made plans to go hear a tribute to the BeeGee's. Great show. Great music. Wonderful tribute from a band called "Stayin' Alive.



That was a fun way to end a crazy weekend.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Hi Luanne - It's Dana!! I love reading your blog! I love to see what's happening in the lives of all my new pals!
BTW - you've been TAGGED & you're IT!! Check out my blog for all the details and remeber to link back so I can read what you've written! Can't wait to find out some stuff about newsest Pal!!
Luv ya - MOI