Saturday, December 27, 2008

Be Careful What You Ask For

When I was finally getting around to begin my Christmas shopping a week ago, I asked the grands what they wanted for Christmas. "Ummmm let me think" was the reply. I wasn't in the mood to hear that. I wanted them to be able to spit it right out and not have to think about it.

Later that evening my phone rang and my grands were calling me from their moms cell phone. She had run into the grocery store and left her phone in the car. I could hear plenty of giggling in the background before AJ finally said in his pretend little girl voice. "Grandma, I want a dolly and a pony for Christmaaaaaas! More squeals of laughter and the phone went dead.


AJ wasn't laughing as hard; in fact he wasn't laughing at all when he opened his gift from me Christmas morning.







That'll teach him to not be a smart "alex" with me.




2 comments:

Debby said...

OMG! I laughed so hard I just snorted! You are SO your mother's child!!!

Janine said...

YOU are a grandmom after my own heart!!! I'm going to be just like that!!!
Thank you for the laugh!
Janine