Monday, December 22, 2008

Angels In Our Midst

I left my purse in the shopping cart at Walmart today. I didn't realize it until 4 hours later when I got ready to go back out shopping. I was shaking as I tried to look up the number of the store.

The phone rang for what seemed like 5 minutes before someone finally answered. I asked if anyone had turned in a purse. They transfered me to another line. After 3 more transfers and 3 more times repeating my question the woman asked me what my name was. After I gave her my name, she told me they had it.

I hung up and began singing "thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus until I realized maybe whoever turned it in found it laying on the ground after someone else had emptied the contents.

My mind was thinking negatively then I realized they wouldn't have known my name unless my wallet was still there. But......that didn't mean my credit cards would be there or my check book.

The five mile drive seemed to take forever, but finally I was inside the store. I didn't ask where I was supposed to go so I stopped a man who looked really official and asked him. When we got to customer service, the line was a mile long but the nice man took me over to an empty spot and unlocked a door and when he did I spotted my purse. After he handed it to me he wanted me to see if everything was in there. It was all safe and sound and turned in by some wonderful angel who was full of kindness and the Christmas spirit.

I don't know who that person is but I'm praying that God will bless them for their kindness. If you're reading this post please ask God to bless them too.




3 comments:

Janine said...

Merry Christmas, my friend.
What a gift. Not just of your purse, but of the goodness of humanity.
:)

Mary Lou said...

What a blessing..you truly had angels watching over you. God has you in His eyes. So grateful that nothing was taken. Know that will make your Christmas a great one.

Debby said...

I've asked for the blessing.

I can just feel what you felt inside and it's not nice. I'm so very happy it was turned in. There really are still good people out there!