Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Baking Day

I should be wrapping presents, but I'm taking a break. I thought I'd tell you all about my yummy new treat I just took out of the oven.

Last year my sister made some candy out of Rollo's, a waffle type pretzel, and a pecan. They tasted just like bite size turtles. I tried some this morning and they turned out really good, so I thought I'd try something a little different with the left over pretzels.


First, I put the pretzels on a cookie sheet.






Next took Hershey Cherry Cordial Creme Kisses and put one on each pretzel.

Like this.



I put them in a 250 degree oven for two and a half minutes.



While they were cooking I cut marachino cherries in half.



Immediately after taking them from the oven, I took one of the cherries I had cut in half and pressed it down in the middle of the warm kiss.




Up close you can see how the creammy center of the kiss flows out. Ummm Ummm Good. And so easy even kids can do this.


I'm also posting here today.





2 comments:

Linds said...

Those look delicious! Merry Christmas, Luanne!

Debby said...

Those sound perfectly yummy! I make cherry cookies each Christmas with a hershey kiss.....yours kicked it up a notch!

Sooooooo glad to see you posting again!