Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome to June


I love June. It's one of my favorite months temperature wise. Not usually too cold, and not usually too hot....except were not off to a very good start on this first day of the month. It is rather breezy and cool, the sun isn't shinning, and it looks like rain.

For 40 some years June symobolized the start of a few months of calmness. No school work to contend with, no alarm clocks disturbing the peacefulness of the morning, and no fighting to make kids go to bed while it was still light out.

This is the last week of school around here. You can tell it in the teachers faces. They are wearing that look that says only 4 more days of school while their hair is standing straight up in the air because the kids are acting so nuts. I saw that look on my husbands face for 23 years.

When I open my patio door I can hear the sounds of the children playing during recess. Today I could hear them without opening the patio door a crack. Their voices are about 5 decibels higher than usual.

And speaking of my patio.....I have been wanting some wicker furniture for it ever since I moved in here. There's nothing I like better than to savor my first cup of morning coffee out in the warm morning fresh air while I have my quiet time with the good Lord.

I didn't want a whole set, because I already have 2 slingback rockers from an old patio set I left with my son when I moved. Nope all I needed was a sofa or love seat, and an ottoman.


I found a 4 piece set (not white) that was do-able but I couldn't see spending the money for the extra pieces I didn't need and then still having to buy the ottoman. Oh don't get me wrong, there were lots of great looking ones if I wanted to pay over $1,000 but that wasn't in my budget.

Saturday night I saw an ad on TV that said they had white wicker sofa's 30% off at Macksoods. For some reason I just knew I would find one so I even took the back seat out of the van so I could get it in. After church I drove to Flushing with my hopes high.

Of course the one on close out was already sold. They did have lots to choose from in the 30% off category, but 30% off of $1400 is still way more than I can spend to cutesy up the patio.

Disappointed, I drove to Minards to look at the do-able one I saw previously and I ended up buying the set plus the ottoman. The box barely fit in the van and when I got home I had to call Wendy to help me get it out.

Surprise! When I opened the box I discovered I had to put it together. It took me until 7pm to get the love seat and two chairs and ottoman together. The coffee table will have to wait.

But I do like the way it looks, and I'll like it even more when I get the roll up blinds put up and the old furniture taken to Wendy's.

Now, I'm all set to take my coffee on the lanai- whoops I'm in Michigan not Florida- as soon as it warms up a bit.










2 comments:

Janine said...

Very pretty!!!! I think you can still enjoy it ..... just put on a sweatshirt!!
:)

Debby said...

I love the furniture but I'd need a portable heater! I do love having my coffee in the sun.