Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You've Got a Friend

Sunday was the 40th anniversary of my marriage, and I posted a story on my widows blog about a braclet I had made with the diamond from my wedding ring. It is a great reminder of a large volume of wonderful chapters in my life.






Another large volume deals with with a group of beautiful women I am so blessed to call my friends. This story also involves a braclet.

Last week was the annual retreat of "The Friends Club". It marked the 22nd year of the retreat but our friendships go back much further. My friend BB and I go all the way back to first grade.

There are 9 in the group, but for the last few years only 5 of us seem to be able to coordinate our finances and schedules and get together. The logistics have been too great for those out of state.

Last year JH drew up an affidavit for our friend BV to sign saying that she would not miss again except for death or other extreme circumstances. Unfortunately, a good friend of BV's died earlier this month, and she wasn't able to make the trip up again for our retreat.

She did however suggest that we let her be in charge of purchasing the item that would commemorate our 22nd anniversary.

In the past we have marked the occassion by monogramming shirts and tops, one year we bought a flip flop pendant, and last year it was a bead for our pandora bracelets.

This year BV chose a Brighton "Friends" bracelet.






I love what the bracelet symbolizes. The "friends" is supported on either side by two leather cords.


Two are better than one: they get a good wage for their labor. If the one
falls, the other will lift up his companion. Woe to the solitary man! For if he
should fall, he has no one to lift him up. Also, if two lie down together, they
will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. Ecclesiastes 4:9-12



This scripture speaks volumes to me in regard to this group of friends.



  • Two get a good wage for their labor. When I think about two getting a good wage for their lablor I think of working beside JH in our real estate business for almost 10 years and how the two of us often helped the other out when need be. Then I remember how JD and I worked side by side for the same attorney in Florida. This was perhaps the greatest work experience I have ever had. A true God thing.







There is nothing like the bond of friendship to get you through the highs and lows of life. Happy 22nd anniversary my forever friends!












No comments: