Sunday, May 24, 2009

Of all the things I miss the most, I miss my mind the most

Yesterday on my way to the store I was listening to Ave Maria Radio and heard an interview with the author of this book.








As I tuned in the author was taking questions and he was giving the risk factors for developing the disease. I think I fit into every risk factor. One of them was belly fat, lack of exercise, wrong kinds of food, all the things that are bad for your heart are obviously bad for your brain.


I really listened carefully because just that morning I poured myself a nice big morning coffee and when I went to pick it up realized I'd poured it into a glass instead of a coffee mug.


So yesterday I started a walking program of at least 30 minutes and work up to an hour. I managed to do 30 &40 minutes two days in a row. Tomorrow I will begin a new way of eating and start eating more fresh fruit vegetables and whole grain products instead of fast food. Cut the simple carbs and concentrate on eating complex carbs. Fruit and veg's are washed and in the refrig.


I'm also going to start using turmeric. This is supposed to be great for arthritis, high cholesterol, and Alzheimer disease. Someone in bible study told me they had been using it and saw a difference in the stiff and soreness of middle age. He said he puts a 1/2 tsp in a glass of water every morning.



The other thing that is just going to kill me is getting 8 hours of sleep. I've been hearing that quite a bit lately that if you want to lose weight get more sleep, but I have trouble going to bed early and I hate sleeping past 6 am.


I'm also going to start using my Wii fit for the yoga which they also said improves brain activity.


We'll see how faithful I can be this time around. Wish me luck.


We'll see how faithful I can be this time around. Wish me luck.



1 comment:

Debby said...

Ohhhhh so much good luck to you!!! You're on the right track for sure!

I'm so jealous of your Wii! I so want to play with one of those. They sound like so much fun, but so good for you too.

I kind of miss my mind too. Most days it's there...but when it's gone...it's really gone! I'll come to your house and have coffee in glasses and you can come to mine and have pudding out of the oven. What a pair we make!