Monday, March 9, 2009

Red Envelope Day

Red Envelope Day

I must say I was disheartened when I logged on to my aol account this morning and the first thing I saw was news that President Obama is ready to overturn President Bush's policy on embryonic stem cell research.

Oh I am trying to respect this President. I really am. I refuse to be like the Democrats in the last two elections that never gave President Bush a chance. From day one they began twisting and turning his words, all because they felt that their man had been cheated out of the Presidency.

I'm tired of the office of the President of the United States not being respected. I want to respect my President and I will, but I will let my voice be heard that I do not respect all of his decisions.

I wanted to vote for Obama. I love the idea that millions of black people for the first time in their life feel that their voice is being heard. What a beautiful sound that should be to our ears. Yes I wanted to vote for Obama for that reason but I couldn't vote for him because he turns a deaf ear on the cries of the unborn.

For the life of me I can't understand how a man who claims to be a practicing Christian can not hear the unborn babies crying out to be heard. He comes from a race of people that were once thought of as less than human. How can he now be turning a deaf ear on a staggering number of tiny people who are asking to be given the same chance at the fullness of life as his people.

I know that embryonic research and abortion are not the same, but they both disrespect life. A fertilized egg is life. You can shake your head if you want but it doesn't make it so. If you are a Christian, a true Jesus Christ believing Christian you cannot possibly believe that a fertilized egg is not life. The bible tells us that God knew us before we were born. Psalm 139:14-16 says:




I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;


your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.


When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,


your eyes saw my unformed body.


All the days ordained for me were written in your book


before one of them came to be.




Even if that secret place where a child of God is made is called a petrie dish, it is still a child known by God. How God must weep that we don't all have the same respect for one of his most precious gifts.




Today I'm asking you to join a campaign to let your voice be heard in Washington by joining in on Red Envelope Day March 31st. Here is the official info from http://www.redenvelopeday.com/.







Here's what you do.
Get a red envelope. Kinko's have them or try going to the above web site to order.
On the front, address it to:
President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington , D.C. 20500



On the back, write the following message:
This envelope represents one child who died because of an abortion.


It is empty because the life that was taken is now unable to be a part of our world.
And finally mail the envelopes out March 31st, 2009. Put it in the mail, and send it.

Please let your voice be heard.




No comments: