Friday, March 20, 2009

A Dose of Reality

I can't believe I have been back home for over a week.

That's the trouble when you take a break, there's so much catching up to do when you get back.

My bags were packed to the max as you could see in a previous picture, amd when I checked in at the airport sure enough I was 2 pounds over.

I was too frazzled to try and pluck out 2 lbs and try and transfer it to my carry on, so I just paid the $39 penalty.

While in Florida the only purchase I made was a light weight gauzy material bathing suit cover up, but nevertheless, the day before I flew home -just to be on the safe side, I shipped home a 17 pound box to aleviate the chance of any overages.

So you can imagine my surprise when I got to the airport and my bag was only 2 pounds under what it was on the way down.

I have a feeling the airlines have a little scam going.

It was great being with JD again. It always amazes me how we can pick right back up where we left off without missing a beat. Here we are dining alfresco at Alexanders, one of our favorites.






The beach was crowded when I walked on Sunday. I didn't have time to walk too long because I forgot to get change for the parking meter the day before, and since my new Sabbath rest observance prohibited me from stopping at the store for change, I only had enough quarters to walk about an hour. I almost caved, but decided not to. I did spot a vending machine and I was going to buy a bottle of water just so I could get the change but unfortunately it must have been having a day of rest too because it kept spitting my five dollar bill back at me.


Here is one of the less populated spots.





I found lots of interesting things washed up on the beach. I like the way the pictures turned out bcause it almost looks as though they are taken under water.












The birds are always interesting to watch.





And on my walk around the grounds of the condo I found a little creature sunning himself.



This is the bridge between the condo and the pool.



This is the view from my lanai. On the other side of the berm is a waterfall.




My final walk on the beach was much more peaceful. What a way to commune with God.


God, thanks for the blessing of this trip. My soul feels refreshed.





2 comments:

Debby said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. I'll be sure to way underpack next time I fly!

Janine said...

Thanks, Luanne .... I SO love the beach ... and am grateful that you were blessed to enjoy some time there.
Yay for you!!