Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We're On The Map

My home town is in the news these days.

When I was little, the town I lived in was so small that if you blinked when you drove by, you would have missed it.

But Hollywood has come to our neck of the woods and they are shooting a film just a mile or two from where I grew up. Maybe I'll have to take a drive and see if they are looking for any unknowns to fill some special roles.....

In her directing debut, Drew Barrymore is shooting a film called "Whip It" a story of beauty pageant contestant who becomes part of the roller derby circuit. From what I understand some of the stars will be Jimmy Fallon from SNL, Ellen Page who starred in Juno, Marcia Gay Harden and Juliette Lewis.

Today on her blog Lysa Terkeurst talks about her redneck family. Perhaps she would consider moving her family up north so we could class them up a bit. We could do that because our little town, which has been extremely deficient in the arts, can now boast of a giant foam pink pig a top a refurbished restaurant called "The Oink Joint". Thank you Hollywood for your wonderful contribution of this amazing piece of art.













1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The sight of that pig on the roof is cracking me up. For some reason... I'm craving BBQ!

Blessings,
LeAnn